Company Registrations and changes, CIPC, Tax compliance – with our in-depth knowledge of the local business environment, we will assist you in the process of getting a successful business off the ground, help you seize business opportunities, and give you the peace of mind that all legislative obligations are being adhered to.
We also provide bookkeeping, accounting, tax compliance, payroll and business advisory services to support the growth of your business…
COMPANY REGISTRATION SERVICES
- CIPC Registration – Registration, maintenance and deregistration of companies, trusts and other business structures.
- Company amendments and changes:
- Company Director Changes
- Company Address Change
- Company Name Change
- Appointment and removal of accounting officers, directors, members and trustees
- Amendments to entity types, e.g. the conversion of CC to Pty
- Allotment, issue and transfer of shares
- Compensation Fund Registration
- PAYE/ UIF Registration
- Import Export License
- Shelf Company Registration
- DTI Registration
The first thing you want to do is formalize the structure under which you plan to conduct your business. You may or may not be aware, but there are several different types of business entities you can choose from to get started in the business. We have focused on the most common ones.
Sole Proprietor – this is the simplest form of the entity as you require no forms to set it up and you can begin any time you choose.
Closed Corporation – it is no longer possible to register new closed corporations, however, any existing corporations are still legal and can operate as normal.
Private Company – private companies have become the new standard for business under the new Companies Act. Fortunately, changes to the law have made their operation easier and cheaper.
Personal Liability Company – these are mostly used by professional partnerships i.e. lawyers, accountants, and so on.
CIPC Company Registrations
Registering any of the above entities, except the Sole Proprietor, will require you to interact with the Companies and Intellectual Property Commission (CIPC).
You are more than welcome to process your own registration at CIPC, however, our experience has shown that it’s easier to make use of a third party, like Tax Shop, to do this for you.
CIPC business registration can take anywhere between five and twenty-one working days. (Due to Covid, probably longer). So make sure you have made allowance for this in your planning.
It is very important to decide on the correct corporate structure for your company for tax savings and for legal protection.
We assist small, medium and large businesses with all your statutory and secretarial requirements; (SMMEs); entrepreneurs, solopreneurs and NGO’s, as well as large multi-national concerns, are all welcome.
REGISTER A Company
Submit your application securely and let us take care of the rest.
It’s super simple and only takes a few minutes.
New Company Registration Package includes:
Reserved company name | Company registration certificate (COR14.3) | Income tax registration number | Share certificates for all shareholders
We can assist you: The Tax Shop has successfully helped vast numbers of individuals and corporates with the set-up and administration of thriving businesses.
Benefits of Registering with Tax Shop
We’ll help you do paperwork safely and keep everything organized so tasks are done on time.
Our focus is to keep your business healthy and make things easier for you.
Company information is automatically filed and kept up to date with CIPC.
Your information is secure
Your data is kept 100% secure via 256-bit SSL.
What other people have to say about our services
Sjoe dis nou wat ek diens noem. Duisende dankies julle is 'n super ster!
MD of Seguro
Within the last five years we have grown our annual turnover significantly and much of this is due to The Tax Shop by allowing us to concentrate on promoting our product.
Director of The Stencil Company
We have used quite a few accountants over the past 20 years but none can match the service received from The Tax Shop.
Heather Auer Art & Sculpture Gallery
I moved to the Tax Shop on a verbal recommendation and and it was the best move I had made for a long time. Extremely efficient, helpful and very competitive. A relief to have found them.
Timour Hall Cottages (NPC)
Tax Shop makes it easy to start and manage a company in South Africa
We are here to help you with all your business needs including company registration, tax, payroll, marketing, bookkeeping and accounting, B-BBEE, SARS, CIPC submissions and much more
FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT COMPANY REGISTRATIONS
Collaborative Partners (abbreviations)
- Companies and Intellectual Property Commission (CIPC)
- Companies & Intellectual Property Registration Office (CIPRO)
- Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF)
- The Department of Trade Industry (DTI)
- South African Internal Revenue Service (SARS)
Glossary of Terms
- Pay As You Earn (PAYE) – compulsory employee tax deductions
- B-BBEE – Broad-based Black Economic Empowerment – an integration programme launched by the South African government to reconcile South Africans and address the inequalities of apartheid by attempting to compensate for land that was repossessed from Africans (wiki definition)
- CIPC Annual Returns – we send out annual returns reminders
- Board Charters based on best practices
- Draft/ Review Current Company Policies
- Resolutions and minutes of meetings
- Ensure Tax Compliance – tax clearance certificate, VAT registration
- B-BBEE Affidavit/ Certificate – apply for a B-BBEE exemption (for businesses with a turnover of less than R10 million)